CHECK OUT THIS RESPONSES TO OUR PROGRAM:
-Katie Sardoni Class of 2022
1. Why yoga? What was it like before you started doing Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy?
Yoga has always been a calming and relaxing activity for me. Practicing yoga has been a great experience, but my practice now is even greater – more meaningful and nourishing – to me since I started the Yoga Teacher Training and have come to understand what yoga is and how I can better apply its teachings to my life on and off the mat.
2. What problem(s) were you trying to solve by starting this program for yourself personally- physically health wise, for your breath, mind, your emotions/spirit?
For the past 4 years I’ve really struggled with large amounts of stress throughout nearly all aspects of my life. That stress led to bouts of depression, anxiety, anger, and bitterness. I began this program with the goal of learning to take better care of myself and find healing.
3. Where did you start your journey searching for yoga teacher training and how did you find us?
I initially started by searching for programs that were connected with the military MyCAA scholarship. After searching on that military website for schools near me, I found various programs, including the National Yoga Academy.
4. What made our training programs stand out from other options?
Every other program I contacted had a rigid start time or course period, offering me no flexibility as a military spouse who had a move coming up later that year. When Amanda contacted me back, I brought to her all of my concerns and future plans and she reassured me that there was no issue. The offering of in-person and online classes, as well as the ability to complete the program at an accelerated rate if needed made the National Yoga Academy really stand out to me.
5. What sold you on signing up for the training?
Both the fact that I could use the MyCAA scholarship with this program and that I was given flexibility to complete the program at an accelerated rate.
7. What made you happiest about working with our teachers and program directors?
I absolutely love that each teacher within the program and the program directors have all been practicing and teaching yoga for many years.
This gives more depth and experience to their lessons and classes.
8. What goals have you been able to achieve since starting to do Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy?
Physically I’ve been able to learn new postures and variations of postures, as well as how to move through each pose safely and with purpose. I also had the goal of learning to let go and be more present in my practices, which has been taught throughout the training and has really improved the depth and quality of my practice.
9. What has exceeded your expectations since working with us?
I love how this environment is so welcoming and non-stress inducing. Everyone in National Yoga Academy makes you feel comfortable and helps you with whatever you need.
10. What’s the main reason you recommend doing Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy?
The main reason I would recommend National Yoga Academy for the 200-hour YTT is the flexibility of the program to work within your time frame, especially for military spouses.
11. What about our yoga training surprised you the most?
I was pleasantly surprised at how personal the training became as there is a major focus throughout the program of applying the yoga sutras and learning to use yoga to benefit your wellbeing. Instead of just assigning textbook readings and practicing postures, this program encourages and allows you to grow in your personal life and practice.
12. What would you tell someone who’s considering doing Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy?
Do it! You will not regret it.
14. If there’s one word you could use to describe your experience with us, what would it be and why?
Outstanding. The focus on personal growth, combined with the flexibility and stress-free environment of the program, really makes this program stand out and give an experience that is unlike other yoga programs.
16. What was one unexpected benefit you experienced from doing Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy ?
One unexpected benefit from the program is that I thought I was learning how to help others through yoga, but instead, I’ve learned how to first begin my own healing journey before jumping right in and focusing solely on others.
17. How was your experience working with us throughout the COVID-19 pandemic?
It’s been great. All the material and classes are easily accessible online.
19. If you had to choose one, what would be your favorite part of doing Yoga Teacher Training with the National Yoga Academy and why?
I love the stress-free environment of the program because it really has helped me to enjoy learning the content and grow my yoga practice in a healthy way.
20. How has it made your life easier?
This program has given me tools and knowledge that I can apply to the rest of my life!
21. Overall what are the benefits that you have received from doing Yoga Teacher Training with National Yoga Academy?
Overall, I’ve been able to make my own yoga practice more meaningful and learn how to teach others the many ways that yoga can improve quality of life.